Strand Palace, one of London’s leading hotels since 1909, has introduced a bespoke package of support to help staff members navigate the cost of living crisis starting with a £500 bonus in time for Christmas.
Recognising the many rising strains people face in the current climate, Strand Palace is taking action by offering a multi-faceted package of support ranging from financial to medical aid plus significant investments in staff facilities, wellbeing and incentives.
Matthew Beard, Cluster Managing Director at Strand Palace said: “Our hard-working team is the absolute backbone of our hotel, and a happy, healthy workforce is something we must continue to invest in, especially during difficult times. Whilst a fast cash injection will be a welcome addition before the festive period and very well deserved based on recent hotel performance, our approach goes far beyond this to improve the day-to-day life of our team on a longer-term basis.
I am proud of the package we have put together, which aims to improve the wellbeing of every employee and I commit to prioritising resources now and in the future that will make Strand Palace the best possible place to work.”
The new Strand Palace wellbeing package for employees includes:
- A £500 bonus ahead of Christmas to help with the rising cost of living
- Honouring the London Living Wage pledge
- Providing complimentary breakfast, lunch and dinner on duty 7 days a week, plus a free bean to cup coffee machine
- Running a Reward & Recognition scheme, awarded by colleagues and guests, including a £250 Employee of the month gift e-voucher and £10 e-vouchers which can be used at all supermarkets or for leisure activities
- Offering a healthcare cash back plan through provider Healthshield
- Providing multiple discount schemes via hotels, retail, cinema and many more through Healthshield
- Running Financial Wellbeing workshops
- Providing an Employee Assistance Programme through Hospitality Action, allowing employees to have free access to financial help and mental health support
- Offering a full refurbishment of the back of house areas including a new restaurant and a new inclusive multi-purpose wellbeing zone to relax, meditate or say prayers
- Providing Mental Health support with 2 trained Mental Health First Aiders and regular Mental Health Awareness Workshops
- Complimentary use of the gym at the hotel, with the same access as guests
- Introducing a Menopause policy to raise awareness and support
- Launching Staff Appreciation weeks, taking place in May and December, with a programme of activities culminating with special team lunch
- Quarterly social events with all paid for activities, including food and drink
Strand Palace is located in the heart of London featuring iconic art deco design and 788 guestrooms, with over 200 full-time and part-time employees who will benefit from these measures.
For more information about working at Strand Palace please visit: https://www.strandpalacehotel.co.uk/careers.html