Tips from ASPECT, the UK’s leading home and commercial property maintenance team
Location, nearby trees, sunlight exposure and climbing plants are all worth considering when deciding how often external paintwork of a home needs redoing and 24-hour property maintenance firm, ASPECT (https://www.aspect.co.uk) says the British summer time can provide some of the best conditions to repaint exterior walls in (just watch out for those burning heatwave days over 21 degrees).
The leading independent multi-trade, home and commercial property maintenance firm shares five tell-tale signs Brits should take advantage of warm dry days this summer and give their house an uplift before problems incur.
1. Cracked paintwork – Cracks and blisters are key signs that the exterior paintwork is failing. Once this happens, the surface below will be exposed, making it more vulnerable to rain and potential infestations.
2. Moss and algae – These must be removed before any paints can be applied. Because moss thrives in damp conditions, it can be an indicator of moisture issues.
3. Caulking problems – ‘Caulk’ is a joint sealer that’s typically applied to keep out water, insects and cold draughts. It can peel or flake off the property, in which case it may be time to give the property’s exterior the maintenance it deserves.
4. Large cracks in walls – If there are extensive cracks along the outside of your property, it’s unlikely that it’s just the paintwork affected. Instead, there might be an issue with the property’s foundations. Call and expert.
5. The house is going on the market – Exterior house painting is a great way to boost buyer interest when it’s time to sell up with studies suggesting over 90% of house hunters are more likely to view a home that’s received a fresh coat of paint.
If the residential or commercial property under question meets any of the above criteria, ASPECT recommend repainting the exterior walls before summers is up. But DIY enthusiasts should think twice before doing it themselves. Working at great heights, painting the exterior of a home will likely pose too many risks for parties involved.
By entrusting ASPECT, residential and commercial property owners can ensure optimal safety, saving anguish later down the line.
For more information visit ASPECT’s 24-hour property maintenance service visit https://www.aspect.co.uk/blog/jet-washing-patios-driveways-and-decking. Book a tradesman online or call +442038681127.