Five new Park Hyatt hotels expected to open as the brand celebrates its 40th anniversary; The Unbound Collection by Hyatt continues to see strong growth in Europe
CHICAGO (December 2, 2019) – Hyatt Hotels Corporation (NYSE: H) announced today that more than 20 new luxury hotels and resorts are expected to open worldwide by the end of 2020, boosting Hyatt’s luxury portfolio. The additions include new properties under the Park Hyatt, Andaz, Alila, Grand Hyatt, Miraval and The Unbound Collection by Hyatt brands.
As part of this global expansion, The Unbound Collection by Hyatt brand is seeing its strongest growth to date in Europe. The brand is known for an exceptional portfolio of true historic gems as well as contemporary properties with a fascinating past. Each hotel within the collection provides one-of-a-kind experiences attracting independently minded travellers looking for the extraordinary. Upcoming hotels include distinctive properties like Great Scotland Yard, the location of London’s former metropolitan police headquarters, expected to open on the 9th of December; and the majestic Hôtel du Palais Biarritz, the former imperial residence of Napoleon III, which is due to reopen in June 2020 after an extensive renovation.
“With our growth acceleration in the luxury segment, we will have the opportunity to care for more travellers around the globe through a range of differentiated high-end experiences,” said Mark Vondrasek, chief commercial officer, Hyatt. “We’re excited to expand into new markets and enhance the global footprint of our brands, giving our guests and members additional ways to connect with our luxury offerings in places where they want to be.”
Celebrating its 40th anniversary in 2020, the Park Hyatt brand is also a key contributor to Hyatt’s luxury portfolio growth, with five Park Hyatt hotels expected to open by 2020 in Doha, Qatar; Jakarta, Indonesia; Niseko, Japan; Suzhou, China; and Auckland, New Zealand. With its world-renowned artwork, sophisticated design, and sought-after dining experiences – with several Michelin-starred restaurants, now totaling three in Europe – the brand caters to discerning travellers who appreciate understated luxury and an intimate, residential stay. Throughout the decades, Park Hyatt hotels have delivered immersive experiences, creating a refined home away from home for guests.
“Across Europe, Africa, the Middle East, as well as Southwest Asia, luxury properties account for over a third (35 percent) of our portfolio,” said Peter Fulton, group president – EAME SWA, Hyatt. “Europe in particular, with its unique and historic architecture, represents a natural home for The Unbound Collection by Hyatt brand, and as we expand with our lifestyle and independent brands, we are confident our new offerings will cater to high-end travellers who are seeking an unprecedented stay.”
Other announcements include the expansion of the Alila brand, which delivers world-class service and crafts rare and intimate experiences for its guests, with three luxury resorts expected to open in Switzerland, Malaysia and Oman. In addition, six Andaz branded luxury lifestyle properties are due to open in Dubai, UAE; Prague, Czech Republic; Bali, Indonesia; Shenzhen and Xiamen in China, and Palm Springs, California, offering distinctively local experiences and creative design within open, barrier-free spaces.
The Grand Hyatt brand is also set to continue to steadily grow with new openings in Hefei and the Shenzhou Peninsula in China, Kuwait, Gurgaon in India, Jeju in South Korea, and Nashville, Tennessee, along with the first Grand Hyatt hotel in Al Khobar, Saudi Arabia. Known for its bold and vibrant architecture and welcoming service, Hyatt’s largest luxury brand, Grand Hyatt, celebrates the iconic in small details and magnificent moments.
Planned Alila openings
- Alila Dalit Bay in Malaysia (2020)
- Alila Hinu Bay in Oman (2020)
- Alila La Gruyère in Switzerland (2023)
Planned/Recent Andaz openings
- Andaz Dubai The Palm (2019)–will mark the brand’s entry into Dubai
- Andaz Bali (2020)–will mark the brand’s entry into Indonesia
- Andaz Shenzhen in China (2020)
- Andaz Xiamen in China (2020)
- Andaz Palm Springs in the U.S. (2020)
- Andaz Prague (2022)–will mark first Hyatt hotel in the Czech Republic
- Andaz Seoul Gangnam in South Korea (opened 2019)
Planned/Recent Grand Hyatt openings
- Grand Hyatt Hefei in China (2019)
- Grand Hyatt Al Khobar (2020)–will mark the brand’s entry into the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
- Grand Hyatt Kuwait (2020)–will mark the brand’s entry into Kuwait
- Grand Hyatt Gurgaon in India (2020)
- Grand Hyatt Jeju in South Korea (2020)–will mark largest Grand Hyatt hotel in Asia Pacific
- Grand Hyatt Nashville in the US (2020)–will mark the brand’s entry into Tennessee
- Grand Hyatt Shenzhou Peninsula in China (2020)
- Grand Hyatt at SFO–only on-airport hotel at SFO (opened 2019)
Planned/Recent Park Hyatt openings
- Park Hyatt Doha (2019)–will mark the brand’s entry into Qatar
- Park Hyatt Auckland (2020)–will mark the brand’s entry into New Zealand
- Park Hyatt Jakarta (2020)–will mark the brand’s entry into Indonesia
- Park Hyatt Niseko, Hanazono in Japan (2020)
- Park Hyatt Suzhou in China (2020)
- Park Hyatt Kyoto in Japan (opened 2019)
Planned The Unbound Collection by Hyatt openings
- Great Scotland Yard (2019)–will mark the brand’s entry into the UK
- Hotel du Palais Biarritz in France (2020)
Planned Miraval openings
- Miraval Berkshires Resort and Spa in the US (2020)—will mark the brand’s entry into Massachusetts
The term “Hyatt” is used in this release for convenience to refer to Hyatt Hotels Corporation and/or one or more of its affiliates.
For further information:
About Hyatt Hotels Corporation
Hyatt Hotels Corporation, headquartered in Chicago, is a leading global hospitality company with a portfolio of 20 premier brands. As of September 30, 2019, the Company’s portfolio included more than 875 properties in over 60 countries across six continents. The Company’s purpose to care for people so they can be their best informs its business decisions and growth strategy and is intended to attract and retain top colleagues, build relationships with guests and create value for shareholders. The Company’s subsidiaries develop, own, operate, manage, franchise, license or provide services to hotels, resorts, branded residences, vacation ownership properties, and fitness and spa locations, including under the Park Hyatt®, Miraval®, Grand Hyatt®, Alila®, Andaz®, The Unbound Collection by Hyatt®, Destination®, Hyatt Regency®, Hyatt®, Hyatt Ziva™, Hyatt Zilara™, Thompson Hotels®, Hyatt Centric®, Caption by Hyatt, Joie de Vivre®, Hyatt House®, Hyatt Place®, tommie™, Hyatt Residence Club® and Exhale® brand names, and operates the World of Hyatt® loyalty program that provides distinct benefits and exclusive experiences to its valued members. For more information, please visit www.hyatt.com.