Moving Mountains® (www.movingmountainsfoods.com), the pioneering plant-based British brand, has partnered with Ocado to make its iconic ‘bleeding’ Burger available to home cooks for the very first time. Until now, consumers have only been able to enjoy the highly acclaimed Moving Mountains® Bleeding Burger at restaurants! The brand has also launched a new range of mouthwatering plant-based Meatballs and Mince. (each product RRP £4.50). The range is perfect for home chefs that are continuing to make meals from scratch and those that may not be culinary whizzes but are looking to create simple tasty dishes for all the family to enjoy!
The innovative range is made from all natural plant-based ingredients and perfectly seasoned to offer the same texture and taste as beef burgers, mince and meatballs. The range contains zero cholesterol, has 100% recyclable retail packaging and generates less greenhouse emissions and requires fewer resources to make. The tasty range also helps to reduce food wastage and can be popped in the freezer to cook up at any time.
Each Moving Mountains® burger has 18g of plant protein, is vegan-friendly and free-from antibiotics and hormones. Seriously satisfying, the burger will quell comfort-food cravings, without the meat hangover.
By using simple and natural ingredients and incredible scientific processes, the burger replicates animal meat in every way:
- Oyster Mushrooms are the base, which maintains the mouth-watering, succulent texture and differentiates the burger from US competitors. It provides health benefits including lowering cholesterol
- Pea protein provide a source of protein
- Wheat and soy proteins give a fibrous texture akin to the bite and depth of a traditional burger
- Beetroot juice allows a juicy, ‘bleed’ at the centre of the patty
- Coconut oil provides a fatty, satisfying consistency
- Oats help provide the firm structure of the patty and healthy soluble fibre
- Vitamin B12, traditionally associated with red meats, has been added so that the Moving Mountains® burger can genuinely compete with a beef burger and provide more essential nutrients as the burger contains the RDA (Recommended Daily Allowance) of B12
The Moving Mountains® plant-based Meatballs make the perfect addition to any dish or on their own as a snack. Moving Mountains® Mince provides the same meaty taste, texture and versatility as beef mince and can easily be shaped into burgers and meatballs or used in everyday recipes including Spaghetti Bolognese and Cottage Pie. Both products are 100% free of hormones, antibiotics and GMO products and are cruelty free and certified by The Vegan Society.
The future of eating well for health and for the planet, the Moving Mountains® frozen ‘bleeding’ Burger generates less greenhouse gas emissions and requires less resources to make. Indeed, according to a 2020 Life Cycle Assessment to review the environmental impact of the Moving Mountains® ‘bleeding’ Burger, it uses 92% less greenhouse gas emissions and 70% less water when compared to the production of beef1. The range also use less packaging than chilled food products2, with zero plastic and also contribute to reducing the UK’s estimated 10 million tonnes of food waste3, with the extended frozen shelf life.
1 2020 Life Cycle Assessment conducted by Eaternity https://eaternity.org/
2 Sheffield Hallam University Food Waste and Packaging 2014 Report: https://www4.shu.ac.uk/mediacentre/frozen-food-can-cut-waste-almost-50-cent-and-save-cash
3 Sheffield Hallam University Food Waste and Packaging 2014 Report: HYPERLINK “https://www4.shu.ac.uk/mediacentre/frozen-food-can-cut-waste-almost-50-cent-and-save-cash“