Five-star lifestyle hotel Andaz London Liverpool Street, has appointed Hamdy Hassan as its new Executive Chef, across all six food and beverage outlets, from Miyako, its authentic Japanese Restaurant, to its contemporary public house, Lady Abercorn’s Pub & Kitchen.
Hassan joins Andaz London Liverpool Street after nine years at the Hyatt Regency Dubai. His career in hospitality started at The Four Seasons Hotel in Egypt, and has included roles in international properties, such as Grand Hyatt in Muscat Oman and Kempinski Hotel Mall of the Emirates in Dubai.
As Executive Chef at the Hyatt Regency Dubai, Hassan was responsible for creativity across all the F&B outlets and developing specialised offerings, from bespoke wedding and catering menus tailored to client requirements to carefully thought out dietary plans.
As the Executive Chef at Andaz London Liverpool Street, Hassan will work alongside Amanda Richter, the Director of F&B and will be responsible for the smooth running of Banqueting, Room Service, Pastry Kitchens and Stewarding across the hotel. He will be also be working closely with the team of Chefs at each of the hotel’s six F&B outlets, delivering excellent food and service, in line with the identity of each venue.
Hamdy Hassan says, “I am delighted to continue my journey with the Hyatt brand, supporting Andaz London Liverpool Street to provide locals and guests with a truly memorable and exceptional dining experience. Each outlet has its own unique style, and I’m looking forward to being the face of the culinary team, inspiring and helping grow each Chef into the best they can be.”
Andaz London Liverpool Street operates five restaurants and bars, each with their own distinctive character and unique offering:
- Rake’s Café Bar, a place to escape the city, is a café by day and bar by night; offering simple and comforting food alongside artisan coffee and a specially crafted cocktail menu of modern and classic concoctions.
- 1901 Wine Lounge features an eclectic and adventurous selection of wines available by the glass and bottle from a host of established vineyards and lesser known producers.
- Eastway Brasserie evokes the feel of the east end, offering all day dining and weekend brunch in a relaxed yet vibrant setting with terraced seating on the buzzing East London streets.
- Miyako is an intimate and authentic Japanese restaurant offering diners a traditional menu of sushi, sashimi and teriyaki, served alongside a range of sake and Japanese beers. The menu is designed to eat in or takeaway, for individuals, groups and events. The restaurant is also currently offering monthly sushi master classes.
- Lady Abercorn’s Pub & Kitchen is a contemporary public house full of intrigue, serving both classic and innovative gastronomy, a large selection of wine, spirits and beers.