Yorkshire gin producer, Raisthorpe Manor Fine Foods has won five coveted awards for its fruit gin liqueurs and jam at this year’s Great Taste Awards.
The largest and most trusted accreditation scheme for fine food and drink, the Great Taste Awards provide a benchmark of quality for artisan food producers.
Raisthorpe’s Oak Aged Dry Gin, along with its Elderflower, Rhubarb and Gooseberry Gin Liqueurs were each recognised with a 1-star award.
Raisthorpe’s Gooseberry Gin jam, which features the fruit used to produce its Gooseberry Gin Liqueur, also won a 1-star award.
Receiving a 1-star Great Taste Award means the product is “simply delicious and delivers fantastic flavour”.
The Great Taste Award judges had some glowing comments for Raisthorpe’s gins, including:
- Oak Aged Dry Gin: “A soft and silky perfumed orange blossom nose with a hint of soapy lavender. A smooth mouthfeel leads to lovely citrus notes on the finish.”
- Elderflower Gin Liqueur: “Grassy and subtle notes of elderflower on the nose balanced with classic gin notes.”
- Rhubarb Gin Liqueur: “A very pretty pink…we enjoyed the almost butter creaminess on the palate…this would be great with a decent sparkler.”
- Gooseberry Gin Liqueur: “Gin and gooseberry on the nose with a subtle savoury note. Packing fruit flavours with a subtle gin back note.”
- Gooseberry Gin Jam: “This is a flavoursome jam – sweet yet sharp and full-bodied. Great idea, great job!”
More than 500 judges, including specially trained food writers came together at 65 judging days from March to July this year.
Julia Medforth, founder of Raisthorpe Manor Fine Foods, said: “We’re delighted that the judges enjoyed our products and to win these stars against some really tough, country-wide competition. We’re looking forward to showcasing our drinks to consumers at shows throughout the country over the next few months.”
Raisthorpe has been producing award-winning gin, vodka and whisky from its base at Wharram, near Malton in the Yorkshire Wolds since 2008. Raisthorpe products are made using only the finest (locally sourced where possible) ingredients and have previously won seven Great Taste Awards. Two of its liqueurs are currently stocked in the cocktail bars of Harvey Nichols nationwide.
Raisthorpe Manor Fine Foods’ other products include ports, chocolates, hampers and gifts which are available from independent retailers throughout the country and online at www.raisthorpemanor.com.